Luck? If that is what you are waiting for, then, don't! While is seems to be the easier route to success, one can end up waiting longer or worker harder to catch up with what he obtained via luck. Li Ka Shing is one who worked his way to the top instead of waiting for the rabbit to bump its head against the tree.
Li Ka Shing (born 29 July 1928 in Chaozhou, China) is a Hong Kong business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. According to Forbes, as of November 2015 Li is the richest person in Asia, with an estimated net worth of US$34 billion. He is currently the chairman of the board for CK Hutchison Holdings; through it, he is the world's largest operator of container terminals and the world's largest health and beauty retailer.
Considered one of the most powerful figures in Asia, Li was named “Asia's Most Powerful Man, Li Ka-Shing” by Asiaweek in 2001. His companies make up 15% of the market capitalisation of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Forbes Magazine and the Forbes family honored Li Ka-shing with the first ever “Malcolm S. Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award” on 5 September 2006, in Singapore. In spite of his wealth, Li has cultivated a reputation for leading a no-frills lifestyle, and is known to wear simple black dress shoes and an inexpensive Seiko wristwatch. He continues to live in the same house as he has for decades, which has now become one of the most expensive districts in Hong Kong, Deep Water Bay in Hong Kong Island. Li is also regarded as one of Asia's most generous philanthropists, donating over US$2.18 billion as of August 2015 to charity and other various philanthropic causes. Li is often referred to as “Superman” in Hong Kong because of his business prowess.
Li Ka-shing was born in Chaozhou in Guangdong province, China, in 1928 to Teochew parents. Due to his father's death, he was forced to leave school before the age of 15 and found a job in a plastics trading company where he worked 16 hours a day. In 1950 he started his own company, Cheung Kong Industries. From manufacturing plastics, Li developed his company into a leading real estate investment company in Hong Kong that was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1971. Cheung Kong expanded by acquiring Hutchison Whampoa and Hongkong Electric Holdings Limited in 1979 and 1985 respectively.
Original Source: Wikipedia
Here's the 11 Success Tips From Asia's Billionaire Li Ka Shing:
1. I needed to save every penny…I needed to be strong, and needed to find some way to secure a future. That’s why I am always conservative. I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability.
2. Despite my achievements, I can still remember poverty. I told my children and grandchildren that ‘The fruit that you eat will never taste as beautiful as the fruit that I ate during the turmoil of war. You will never cherish it as much as I do.’
3. Vision is perhaps our greatest strength. It has kept us alive to the power and continuity of thought through the centuries; it makes us peer into the future and lends shape to the unknown.
4. Broaden your vision, and maintain stability while advancing forward. That is my philosophy.
5. You must know and understand your business like the back of your hand. Otherwise, your company would be here today, gone tomorrow.
6. Reputation is the key to success. You have to be loyal to your customers.
7. If you think, then you will be prepared. If you are prepared, then you will have no worries.
READ MORE ON THE NEXT PAGE BELOW!