The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do. This is a quote that is very true.
Dreams without action is a world of make believe. Consider the following.
- 96 percent of college professors believe they have above average teaching skills.
- 50 percent of high school students believe they will attend law school, medical school or grad school.
- Time magazine asked in a survey, “Are you in the top 1% of wage earners?” Nineteen percent said yes! And 36 percent expected to be.
A dream without a plan is soon exposed.
“When the tide goes out, you discover who’s been swimming naked.” —Warren Buffet
John Kotter has said there are two kinds of people in the world: those who accept their life, and those who lead their life. Some people just get up, look at their life and hope something good will happen. The successful person says:
- I’m going to make something happen.
- I’m going to build on trust.
- Make that relationship work.
- Take control over the things I have influence over.
- Lead my life.
- Create a personal learning agenda that will help fulfill my dreams.
The obvious lesson? The key to transforming dreams into reality is to set goals that can be broken down into doable steps.
“The secret to change is one step at a time.” —Mark Twain
READ MORE ON THE NEXT PAGE…