Repeat after me “I’m too blessed to be stressed!” There, didn’t that feel good? If you rolled your eyes or your thoughts immediately went to all the things putting pressure on you, it’s time to start counting your blessings not your stressings!
So who do you feel blessed? It can start off with giving thanks and showing appreciation on a daily basis. A lot of people usually give thanks only on Thanksgiving period but this is way too insufficient for most of the people. Wouldn’t it be better if you can give thanks on a daily basis?
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Appreciate The Smallest Things
Most people take things for granted and this is not a right way to go.
Instead, appreciate even the smallest things that are happening around you.
Some examples include:
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes in your closet and a roof over your head, you are better off than most of the world's population. Celebrate these simple blessings.
Do you have a smartphone? Be grateful because a lot of people do not have such smartphone. Most of them may still be using a simple and basic phone while you may be changing smartphone on a yearly basis. Think about it and give thanks for it.
How about driving a car that allows you to travel for work in comfort or to explore your country? Millions do not drive yet you are living in a high standard of living especially for us in Singapore where the price of car is exorbitant.
Do you have a computer and Internet access to stay in touch with the world, get access to education, and perform work for which you are paid?
Is your family healthy?
Do you have clean water to drink?
These small little things are present in our life that we can show appreciation for. Therefore, start now and appreciates the things around you today.
Create Your Own Appreciation Habits
Get into the habit of appreciating things around you. You can try out these approaches.
- Start a journal. You might even want to call it your appreciation journal or gratitude journal and spend five minutes a day to write out the top 5 things that you appreciate daily. By acknowledging what you are grateful for in your gratitude journal, you will become a deliberate attractor of positive vibrations.
- Show appreciation for at least 3 people daily. People enjoy being appreciated, either verbally or through written notes. This small little act of yours can make people's day and at the same time give you the opportunity to show appreciation as well. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone.
- See the positive side for everything. If any problem or crisis arises, people tend to look at the negative side of it. Instead, choose to see the bright light of it and the so-called crisis may no longer look like one. Being positive also means that you learn to appreciate things better.
- Carry a physical token of gratitude in your pocket, such as a stone, crystal or any other small item. As you reach into your pocket throughout the day and touch the token, use it as a reminder to stop, breathe and take a moment to fully experience the emotion of gratitude and appreciation. This acts as a constant reminder for you.
- Appreciate yourself. As individual, we all need acknowledgement from time to time but the most important acknowledgement is what we give ourselves. In addition to celebrating your big successes, acknowledge your small daily success as well, it make the journey much easier to transverse on.
By giving thanks and showing appreciation daily, it can help empower an individual. Once you feel empowered, you can better accomplish your tasks and be clearer in the direction that you choose on.
We would like to take this opportunity to give thanks to you for being our newsletters subscriber. If you have already joined our PositivityToSuccess Facebook Page, we would also like to show our great appreciation by doing our best to create more positive posts and newsletters for you. On the other hand, if you want to show your appreciation for we have done, do drop us your comments on our facebook page or give likes to our posts on our website. We would definitely love to hear more from you and stay positive together as a community.