9 Things To Learn From Nike’s Co-Founder and Chairman
Sports is more than just a game. For some, it's a matter of life and death, and for Phil Knight, it couldn't be more true. Everyone has a love for something in life that they absolutely love, but it doesn't mean that it definitely will become your beacon to success. In fact, success comes in more ways than one. Just like Phil Knights who could not enter any famous baseball team, he didn't give up. Instead, he tried what he thought would make baseball even better – he supported it!
Philip Hampson “Phil” Knight is an American businessman and philanthropist whom is the co-founder of and chairman of the shoe company ‘Nike‘, which he also served as CEO. Knight is also the owner of Laika. A still-motion film production company.
According to Forbes, Phil Knight as of late 2015 was considered the 15th richest man person in the world. With an estimation of $28.1 billion.
Check out Phil Knights quotes below:
1. “Dream audaciously. Have the courage to fail forward. Act with urgency.” – Phil Knight
2. “Make history or be a part of it.” – Phil Knight
3. “You can’t explain much in 60 seconds, but when you show Michael Jordan, you don’t have to. It’s that simple.” – Phil Knight
4. “You’ve got to worry about what’s coming up to stay ahead of the curve…” – Phil Knight
5. “Dare to take chances, lest you leave your talent buried in the ground.” – Phil Knight
6. “Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods are really part of a very big advertising program, and the fact that they make so much money is because the markets have dictated that they get that money, and the fact that they endorse our products allows us to sell more products and create more jobs.” – Phil Knight
7. “There comes a time in every life when the past recedes and the future opens. It’s that moment when you turn to face the unknown. Some will turn back to what they already know. Some will walk straight ahead into uncertainty. I can’t tell you which one is right. But I can tell you which one is more fun.” – Phil Knight
8. “The trouble in America is not that we are making too many mistakes, but that we are making too few.” – Phil Knight
9. “You only have to succeed the last time.” – Phil Knight
The keys to success? Love, from any and all angles. Marketing, where you sell your love. You don't have to achieve the same physical status as the athlete stars in world, but your success can still come from them, from the sport, and from your own love.